Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
An excellent opportunity for a chef to join a well established business that operates a successful care home and meals at home service for older people in Newcastle.
They are owned and operated by the same family who have been providing quality care in Newcastle for over 25 years. Their food is a major part of the service they offer to their residents and clients in the community and they are proud of its quality. Prepared fresh on site each day, their meals contribute to their client's feeling of health and well being.
They are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and organised individual with great attention to detail to join our small catering team in a busy kitchen. This position is permanent.
• Prepare, cook and present excellent food in accordance with the menu and the requirements of our customers.
• Adhere to safety and hygiene regulations at all times.
• Maintain the high levels of cleanliness expected in a five star rated kitchen.
• Play an active part in our rapidly growing community service business.
• Be a valuable part of the wider team to ensure the best customer experience
• Order and manage stock.
• Experience of working in a busy kitchen environment
• Qualified to a minimum of level 2 in hospitality/catering or equivalent
• Strong interpersonal and working relationship skills.
• Must be self motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Thorough and particular attention to detail.
• The ability to carry out effective shift handovers.
• Competent in completing essential paperwork relevant to health and safety.
• Excellent rate of pay for care sector
• New, modern and fullt equiped kitchen working environment.
• A company that promotes a happy/work life balance with sociable hours, no split shifts and a friendly environment.
• Career development prospects as the business continues to grow.
• All statutory and in house training provided.
• A permanent full time contract
If you feel that you have the necessary qualities for this role then please apply now for immediate consideration.