Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Draughtsperson to join a well-established and expanding company based in Sheffield
Annual Salary: £26,000 - £28,000 (dependent upon experience)
Position: Full-time, permanent
Hours: Mon-Thurs 8.30-5.00, Fri 8.30 – 3.45. Lunch 45 minutes
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Drawing Office team in a dynamic forward-thinking company, who specialise in floor layout design, distribution and installation of steel floor decking systems throughout the United Kingdom. Operating out of modern offices in Dinnington, Sheffield, the company has experienced sustained growth and is looking to enhance the design team with the addition of a new recruit. They have recently introduced Tekla 3D draughting software into the Drawing Office and are working towards this being an integral part of their services provided to customers.
The role will involve the production of floor layout drawings using AutoCAD LT and associated software packages for the setting out of steel composite flooring (steel decking). You will also supply review calculations, raise orders from material take-offs and liaise with customer, Structural Engineers and Architects as your projects progress. There will be a need to liaise with the Drawing Office Manager, Operations Director, Contracts Managers and our Materials Coordinator to ensure timelines are maintained and to deliver the best possible outcome for our clients. The candidate must be capable of working on their own initiative, after basic training as applicable, with support as required while being part of the existing team.
• Production of 2D floor decking layout drawings currently using AutoCAD LT with an opportunity to progress on to also using Tekla 3D draughting package to suit business needs
• Produce detailed material schedules to enable materials to be ordered in a timely manner
• Understand and interpret Steel Fabricator Floor layout drawings, Structural Engineer Floor layout drawings and Concrete Slab details
• Knowledge of Structural Steel member sizes and General Steelwork details
• Experience of dealing with Structural Engineers, Architects and Site Installation labour operatives over the phone and via e-mail
• Ability to liaise with the sales and contracts teams as well as with various others teams to assist with technical queries
• Use of Excel and general computing skills.
• Experience of using the Tekla Bimsight Viewer and or Trimble Connect for viewing 3D steelwork models or similar would be beneficial but not necessary
• Experience of using Tekla would be beneficial but not necessary
Training of bespoke design software will be provided in-house along with all other related training required.
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Paid:||Per Annum|