FABRICATOR / ASSEMBLY OPERATIVE
The company is a global market leader in rotary valves and valve technologies for the powder processing and bulk handling industries. They manufacture durable, reliable products which continue to deliver value for their customers throughout the product lifespan.
They invest in advanced machinery and seek out opportunities to reduce their carbon footprint, whilst their streamlined production flow allows them to deliver on-time. The company is proud to be a family business and work as a team, so all their employees feel a sense of inclusion, support and belonging.
If you are customer focussed, solutions orientated and strive for excellence then you could be just what the business is looking for.
The Fabricator/Assembly Operative is responsible for the fabrication and welding of light to medium gauge steel in line with the detailed engineering drawing provided, occasionally liaising with other departments of the fabrication shop to ensure the fabrication is to the standard required before assembling the components to the customers specification.
The ideal candidate will have a Fabrication and/or Welding qualification or time served apprenticeship. Experience of working in a fabrication environment (engineering or metal work) is essential.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
• Read, interpret and follow engineering plans, drawings and instructions to ensure exact specifications of output
• Fabricating work in various gauge metals (light to medium)
• MIG welding (predominately mild steel)
• Tig welding (predominately stainless steel)
• Grinding/polishing fabricated items by using various handheld tools and/or dedicated material finishing machinery
• Perform quality checks to ensure products meet quality standards
• Ensure production times are met
• Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and safety procedures
• Maintain machinery and tools using preventative maintenance methods
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment
• Manual lathe, pillar drill experience required.
• Assembly fabricated components to the GA provided.
• Report any improvement suggestions/defects to ensure continuous improvement.
To succeed in this role you will need good communication and organisational skills. You will be self-motivated with a desire to set high standards of work performance for yourself.
You will be a team player and have the ability to work using your own initiative. A positive outlook and ‘can do’ approach to tasks is essential.
• Competitive salary (dependent on qualifications and experience)
• Annual company pay review and individual merit award review
• Overtime available to workshop hourly paid employees
• Basic hours. Workshop (39 hours per week): Monday to Thursday - 08.00 to 16.30 Friday - 08.00 to 15.30 [30 minutes unpaid lunch break each day]
• Generous Bonus Scheme
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 30 days annual leave (includes 8 days statutory bank holidays) plus our ‘Flexible Holiday Trading Scheme’
• Life Assurance Scheme (after qualifying period)
• Income Protection Plan (after qualifying period)
• Employee Support and Perks Package
• Free car parking
• Investment in our employees through learning and development
• Flexible and family friendly policies
We encourage early application as we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if suitable candidates are found. If you would like further information, then please get in touch
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Paid:||Per Hour|
|Closing Date:||22 July 20|