Field Based Mobile Data Centre Engineer
An Excellent opportunity for an Experienced Field Based Mobile Data Centre Engineer to join a well-established company based in Chelmsford!
They are a small but highly successful IT services provider who works with a diverse range of clients from local businesses through to large multi-national organisations, predominantly operating in data centres. The majority of their work is in the South-East however this does extend nationally, into Europe and Asia.
Due to an extremely high work demand and a growing business they are expanding their friendly team.
What They Want:
Their employees are what makes them successful, they looking for professional, confident, highly motivated, people they can invest in. Team work is at the heart of what they do so it is important for you to be an effective team player that has a methodical, detail orientated approach to work. They work in ever changing environments; therefore, you must be adaptable with a proactive, unflappable and systematic attitude. They are growing at a very fast rate, therefore they have availability for experienced permanent engineers and contractors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• This is a field based engineering role which will require you to travel to client sites on a daily basis. This is not an office based role.
• Work from electronic based plans in electronic formats using laptops and tablet-based equipment, specifically Microsoft Excel.
• Structured Cabling.
• Data Cabling.
• Patch Cabling.
• Hardware Installation/Decommissioning (rack and stack).
• Data Centre Migration/Hardware Relocation.
• Rack and Containment Installation.
Experience and Skills Required:
It is essential that you have worked in data centres and are comfortable in that environment.
All of their technical and work information is electronic based and as such, your computer and especially Microsoft Excel skills, must be excellent.
Recent experience of copper and fibre structured cabling in data centre and commercial environment.
Current Fluke and Ideal Trend testing experience
Experience installing WAPS and CCTV
Good communicator both written and verbally and be able to pass on information without ambiguity to both clients and colleagues.
Practical, hands on, individual as this is a field based skilled role that will involve being on your feet a lot of the time.
Information accuracy is extremely important in everything we do and as such you must have a precise approach and attitude.
Possess a Full clean UK driving licence.
Due to the nature of this industry weekend and unsociable hours will be required.
In return the company is offering:
• A competitive salary based on experience.
• Opportunity for overtime.
• Additional increased rate of pay for unsociable hours and working away from home.
• Company van.
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
• Full comprehensive training program and appraisals.
• Potential to work on projects in overseas data centres.
• Team away days.
• Pension Scheme.
• Gym membership.
If you feel that you have the relevant skills/attributes to fulfil this role then please apply now!
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Paid:||Per Annum|