Field Based Service Engineer
Field Based Service Engineer
Attractive basic salary, negotiable based on experience, plus overtime.
The company are specialists in engineering, design and the fabrication of mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium. Formed in 1977 they have grown to a worldwide engineering Company. They provide a complete solution from concept design to installation, including all fabrication, machining, hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical work.
We have an excellent job opportunity within their fast-paced servicing department for a Mobile Service Engineer where you will be required to install and commission our equipment. You will also be required to attend to a mix of planned servicing of bespoke roof truss manufacturing equipment, including presses, saws and CNC machines and machinery breakdowns.
Ideally you will be both mechanically and electrically qualified and have experience of working in a machine servicing department or You must be electrically qualified and have experience of working in a service department. Whilst experience of crane servicing, hydraulics and pneumatics is desirable it is not essential.
This is a UK/EU wide role based out of our engineering facility near Bridgnorth therefore it’s essential that you live within a reasonable commuting distance of Bridgnorth (max 20 mile radius).
Main Role Responsibilities will generally include, but not be limited to:
• Installation and commissioning of machinery
• Servicing of timber engineering machinery to a planned schedule
• Attending to breakdowns as instructed when required and sometimes at short notice
• Provision of on-site technical assistance to customers
• Provision of training and instructions to customers in the safe operation and maintenance of the supplied equipment
• There is an expectation that you will be flexible in terms of travel, overnight stays and the working of overtime
Whilst we offer a comprehensive induction into both the machinery/equipment manufactured and the requirements of the role (mainly through on the job training) the expected skills set would be as follows:
• A minimum of 3 years mechanical and electrical experience
• Proficient in the maintenance and repairs of CNC machines
• A good understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics. Experience in this area is desirable but not essential
• A minimum of 17th edition electrical regulations with an expectation to attain and be working to the 18th edition electrical regulations
• Experience of welding for small on-site repairs would be an advantage
• Fork Lift Truck and IPAF licence, desirable.
Job Type: Full time, Perm
Normal working hours: 40 hours per week. Mon-Thurs 7.00am-5.00pm, Friday 7.00am-11.30pm.
Company Benefits: Fully expensed Company vehicle/fuel and mobile phone. All travel and overnight stop overs will be fully expensed.
Job Location: Based just outside of Bridgnorth with UK/EU wide travel.
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Paid:||Per Annum|