Health & Safety, Environmental And Quality Manager
Blaydon on tyne, Tyne and Wear
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager to join a well-established company based in Blaydon-On-Tyne!
They are a specialist electrical/mechanical contractor to the electrical supply industry and other large consumers of electricity. The company specialises in repair and refurbishment of power transformers and associated high voltage plant.
The company has developed a full Integrated Management System for Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality externally accredited to the system models ISO45001, ISO14001 and ISO9001 and are dedicated to ensuring continued compliance to these management systems. We are a multi award winning business for our Health & Safety and Environmental performance.
We currently have an opportunity for a highly motivated and committed individual to lead the Management of Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality issues. In addition, the candidate will play a central role in answering questions from customers – in the form of completion of supplier questionnaires – through to looking after staff training requirements. The main responsibilities of this role include: -
• Ensuring the Company is aware of statutory obligations and recommended Codes of Practice.
• Interpreting and keeping Management and Employees informed of new and developing legislation and other standards.
• Maintaining and ongoing development of the Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Management Systems including to monitor, record and review the system performance via continuous analysis, audits and management reviews.
• Arrange for the provision of written system of work and in doing so ensure that all necessary Work Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Safety Plans and Quality Plans are completed as required and incorporate client lead guidelines.
• Undertaking or arranging site audits / inspections as thought necessary by the directors to ensure that work is carried out in a safe manner.
• Reporting accidents and incidents promptly and overseeing and reviewing all accident investigation.
• Identifying training needs and developing suitable training schedules.
• Arranging for the provision of appropriate personal protective equipment based on risks.
• Ensuring the provision of first aid, fire safety and emergency procedures including a fire risk assessment of the head office premises.
A background in Health and Safety is required and a willingness to progress, at the company’s expense, to the NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety (or equivalent).
This is regarded as an essential requirement.
As the role also incorporates the functions of Quality and Environmental management, further experience in these fields would be advantageous to the candidate.
Formal qualifications or equivalents (as listed below), would be accepted as suitable evidence of existing knowledge in these areas.
The successful candidate must, at least, be willing and able to work towards this level as a minimum requirement: -
• NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management
• CQI Certificate in Quality Assurance
• City and Guilds Assessment and Quality Assurance
• OCR Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
As a member of the management team you will be expected to understand the business requirements and have strong communication and people skills to develop relationships both with our existing workforce and customers and will be required to visit sites and represent the company on occasions.
If you feel that you have the relevant skills/attributes to fulfil this role then please apply now with you CV and Covering Letter.
|Location:||Blaydon on tyne, Tyne and Wear|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Paid:||Per Annum|