Lead Gaming Data Analyst
London, Greater London
An Excellent opportunity for an Experienced Lead Gaming Data Analyst to join a well-established company based in London!
They are looking to recruit a new lead data analyst or scientist to join its expanding Growth
and Insights team. They are a growing mobile games studio, based in central London. The
company is approaching its fourth year, and has established itself as an expert in developing high
quality narrative games, frequently hitting top spots in app store rankings. The Growth and Insights
team, led also by a data expert, are responsible for running game live operations. They currently
support a user base of ten million players for their main game, and they will be launching two new
games in 2020. The team is also responsible for the majority of reporting in the company, developing
bespoke reporting tools using standard data science libraries to automate these tasks. The company
prides itself on looking after team members, actively encouraging a healthy work-life balance, and
offers a friendly working environment.
The data collected is vast and interconnected. Users are tracked from install route through to all
actions taken in the game, allowing for a complete user experience to be analysed. Almost all aspect
of the game can be varied in AB tests, and wherever possible, the company bases decisions taking
insights from the Growth and Insights team.
This role is ideally suited for a candidate from a data analysis background looking to develop team
leadership skills. This is an applied analytics position - data analysis tasks are crafted towards
achieving wider business goals, including improving our games, expanding our market share, and
gaining insights to inform future game design
• Support data-driven decision-making for future games based on studies of player trends.
• Design and conduct AB tests targeting improvements in targeted KPI’s across Multiple company disciplines (User Acquisition, Games Design, Narrative, Art etc).
• Provide support to other data team members, such as iterating analysis task briefs and conducting code reviews.
• Agile management responsibilities for the data & insights sub-team (formed of three other data scientist), including: sprint management, backlog curation, contributing to roadmaps.
• Maintain team analytics based software (dashboards, periodic server-side analysis tasks etc).
• Share insights with fellow team members from other disciplines and company stakeholders.
• 3+ years experience in performing statistical analysis of large inter-connected datasets (drawing distributions, modelling trends, designing AB tests).
• Familiarity with combining data from multiple sources and architecting large data (few TBs) storage systems with data warehouses.
• Expertise in SQL and python based data science libraries, such as: pandas, numpy, matplotlib, plotly & dash, sqlalchemy, sklearn, jupyter-notebooks etc.
• Familiarity with cloud based computing systems (AWS, PythonAnywhere, Google Cloud Services, or equivalent).
• Experience with Linux operating systems for developing data analysis applications.
• Familiarity with agile working practices and git.
• Excellent communication skills when interacting with other company team members not necessarily from a data background.
• Interest in gaming.
• Mobile gaming data analysis experience.
• Experience in performing team management duties.
• Experience is optimising Ad mediation strategies.
This is a full-time position and in return the company is offering a Competitive Salary, Negotiable Depending on Experience.
If you feel that you have the relevant skills/attributes to fulfil this role then please apply now!