Machinery Design Engineer
Special Purpose Machinery Design Engineer
The company is a complete project solution, specialising in design, manufacture and installation of special purpose machinery for a variety of industries. Their multi sector experience includes the rail industry, timber engineering, hydraulic presses, access equipment and materials handling.
The business has an excellent job opportunity within our design department for a special purpose machinery Design Engineer, the role is key to expanding the business and fulfilling current customer requirements.
The role focus is to design and develop all mechanical aspects of new machine designs, from conception to completion. You will be involved from the initial customer enquiry, carrying out the concept design, R&D, finalising designs and supporting manufacture and installation. You will be looking at cycle times and design calculations, as well as carrying out all assembly drawings and BOM's. You will effectively have an input in every aspect of the new machine development, whilst working very closely with the electrical and controls teams. This role will have a great deal of variation and responsibility.
Detailed Role and Requirements
• Mechanical concept design and development using Solidedge
• Specification of process, hardware and mechanical aspects of design including automation and mechanical control.
• Design for manufacture and budget control
• Creation of BOM's and final assembly drawings.
• Identifying and producing calculations by hand and FEA to demonstrate acceptable performance or identify design issues.
• Hands on approach to R&D of new concepts and designs.
• Overseeing testing and final handover.
• Liaison with clients
• Work as part of a team or alone with senior guidance as required
• Participating in the tendering process
• Completing machinery manuals, risk assessments and documentation to ensure relevant standards and CE marking process is adhered too.
• Mechanical design and development skills in a special purpose machinery environment
• Mechanical Degree or similar
• Drives and electrical controls knowledge beneficial
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years' experience in designing and developing special purpose machinery ideally within material handling, automation or industrial machinery. We need someone who is a self-starter, highly motivated and looking for constant improvement. In return this is an outstanding opportunity with a rapidly growing company that offers a unique service to cover the entire lifecycle of projects and product development. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on projects that interest him/her and take full ownership to develop new designs and concepts. The organisation provide scope for further progression, in addition to a lucrative benefits package.
Job Type: Full time.
Normal working hours: 38 hours per week. Mon-Thurs 8.00am-5.00pm, Friday 8.00am-3.00pm.
Job Location: Based just outside of Bridgnorth with an opportunity to travel and meet with our clients throughout the UK.
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Paid:||Per Annum|