Stockton on Tees, County Durham
Title: Office Manager
Job type: Full-Time, permanent
Salary: Up to £30,000.00 per year
Application Closing date: 30/03/2021
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Office Manager to join an expanding company based in Stockton-on-Tees!
The company is looking for an Office Manager for a small but busy housing company.
The right applicant will need in-depth knowledge and experience in the following:
• Residential Property Management
• Residential Property Lettings
• Residential Property Maintenance
• Administration & IT
To successfully manage the team and manage the business it will be crucial to have knowledge in each sector. Each sector is assigned to a team member and explained in further detail at the bottom of the job description.
This small team consists of a property portfolio manager, lettings manager, administrator & a maintenance manager.
Your job will be to manage this team.
You will be the glue that brings each field together to ensure high business performance.
This includes an ability to be hands on in each field as required.
Your main targets will be:
• Maintaining high occupancy rates.
• Maximizing income.
• Maintaining a well ran office.
• Ensuring property repairs are completed within company time scales.
• Keeping the team motivated and contributing to high staff morale.
• Adhering and implementing company procedures and policies.
• Analysing data and information to report directly to the director.
• And ensuring efficiency in every aspect.
Managing and working with a wide range of company stakeholders.
A willingness to travel as a small part of the portfolio is located further afield.
Be on call at short notice and keeping a company phone.
The main sectors of the business explained further:
• Organising and monitoring housing benefit/universal credit claims, including obtaining direct landlord payments.
• Arranging settling in visits/inspections.
• Building and maintaining strong tenant/landlord relationship.
• Monitoring and control of the full rent roll
• Following daily and weekly rent arrears management procedure to minimise debt and ensure better retention of tenants.
• Managing evictions and court action, whilst understanding when to progress cases to this level.
• Inspecting Block sites/portfolios outside of the set portfolio on an ad hoc basis.
• Photographing properties and creating captivating adverts.
• Arranging and managing a viewing schedule and getting applicants to view promptly.
• Vetting and selecting the most suitable tenants.
• Arranging and completing check ins and raising any issues identified with the team prior to sign up.
• Carrying out detailed inventories/schedule of condition before move in.
• Signing tenants up ensuring all relevant statutory requirements are met.
• Organizing and monitoring housing benefit/universal credit claims, including obtaining direct landlord payments.
• Organizing and scheduling works including liaising with tenants and landlord.
• Managing and prioritizing works.
• Organizing and managing the turnaround period of empty properties.
• Managing different contractors including ensuring quality of works and pricing points are met.
• Making decisions and work orders suitable to the relevant properties.
Administration & IT.
• Managing the full admin process for the business including vetting applicants, producing documents, letters, ASTs.
• Ensuring all legal aspects of documentation are within legislation and produced effectively.
• Front of house including liaising with different stakeholders.
• Maintain and keep up to date with the company’s bespoke software including accounts software. Banking and levels of financial control.
• General Admin: Filing, stock management etc.
• Keeping IT systems up to date and functional.
Please ensure you have knowledge of each sector above including their sub headings, before applying.
If you feel you have the relevant skills/attributes to fulfil this role then please apply now!