Senior Care Assistant
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
Excellent opportunity for Senior Care Assistants to join a well-established care home based in Newcastle Upon Tyne
An independent, family owned care provider in the Newcastle area with over 40 years experience. We are looking for Care Assistants, days or nights, (3 x 12 hours shifts over a 7-day rota provided a month in advance) to be based in a residential care home for the elderly in City West.
The care assistants deliver a service to provide the quality of care that we would want for our own family members. They work together as a team to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
1. Supervise team of Care Assistants and provide training and guidance when needed
• Administer drugs adhering at all times to legislative procedures
• Create and maintain suitable records
• Support residents in their daily activities of living and social care needs
• Communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, visitors and other health professionals
• Assist management to deliver a high standard of care
• Qualified in NVQ Level 3 or equivalent (or be willing to work towards)
• Safe Handling of Medication experience
• Relevant employment experience in a supervisory role within a care of the elderly environment
• Ability to manage and prioritise a busy workload utilising the resources provided
• Positive and caring with the confidence and ability to deliver individualised care and support in line with each of our resident’s care plans
• Communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues, taking part in social activities and promoting their independence and dignity
• Strong interpersonal and working relationship skills
• Good understanding of the resident’s abilities and needs
• Natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling
• Hourly rate of £10.36 paid weekly in arrears.
• Enhanced rate for Bank Holidays
• Quarterly performance based bonus scheme
• Training programme and personal development available
• New 'Refer a Friend' bonus scheme
• Lunches for day staff provided free of charge (not contractual)
• Initial uniform included
If you have the relevant qualities to fulfil this role then please apply now for immediate consideration.