Senior Facade Designer
Northallerton, North Yorkshire
Senior Facade Designer
The company is a leading cladding and curtain walling facades contractor carrying out design, supply and installation packages for high profile clients. They operate from offices based in Northallerton, Tamworth, Birmingham and Doncaster and work on a national bases on a range of projects across the public, leisure, education, retail, commercial, health and industrial sectors with contracts ranging from £100,000 to in excess of £12 million.
We are seeking a Senior Designer with proven experience in façade design to join
the Head Office design team in Northallerton.
The responsibilities of the role include:
• Providing input to the Design Manager for agreeing of project programmes.
• Preparing and submitting all related drawings for architectural, fabrication and installation, in line with project specifications and project programmes. This includes the amendment of drawings as required in discussion with both internal and external design teams.
• Monitoring design activities against project programmes and reporting accordingly.
• Supervising and co-ordinating the works of other project team members as required.
• Production and/or checking of schedules and production paperwork for manufacture.
• Preparing / checking the material "take-off" of all materials required for the project as per specification.
• Assisting in the creation and updating of technical submittal information and ensuring timely issue of all engineering deliverables in accordance with project programmes.
• Issuing and pursuing resolution of Requests for Information (RFIs).
• Liaison and ongoing communication with other internal teams, including estimating and commercial departments to ensure designs are within budget and variations are identified.
• Regular communications and meeting attendance with external parties, including main contractors, architects, structural engineers, façade consultants and product suppliers.
• Maintaining a good understanding and up-to-date knowledge of current building regulations, industry standards such as CWCT, design standards, product standards and CDM regulations.
• Providing technical guidance and mentoring to other members of the design team.
What you will need
You will need to have as a minimum:
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in façade design.
• Experience and proficiency in the use of AutoCAD software.
• The ability to detail in various system suppliers’ products.
• A strong technical understanding of façade systems and performance specification and awareness of building physics.
• A good understanding of current building regulations, relevant design, product and industry standards and CDM regulations.
• The ability to work unsupervised individually on a project, or as part of a team providing technical assistance and guidance to other members of the design team.
• A strong sense of commercial awareness.
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
• Flexible, adaptable and calm when working under pressure.
• A good team ethic.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs expected.
• A commitment to further training as deemed appropriate for the position.
If you feel you have the relevant skills/attributes to fulfil this role then please apply now!
|Location:||Northallerton, North Yorkshire|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Paid:||Per Annum|