Domestic Gas Engineer - Subcontractor - Crawley
Crawley, West Sussex
Competitive rate of pay
Job Types: Subcontractor
Salary: Competitive rates
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Domestic Gas Engineer to join a well-established and expanding company
Principal Job Responsibilities:
• Essential identification and management of any existing or likely unsafe situations by means of visual and practical risk assessment, taking all necessary precautions/actions to make safe or completing any remedial works in order to safeguard life and property in line with approved industry procedures. Also complying with regulations regarding reporting of unsafe situations.
• Comply with correct gas tightness testing procedures, including checking gas meters, gas working pressures, gas rates, burner pressures and checking disturbed test points and unions.
• Comply with industry procedures and manufacturer’s instructions regarding inspection and testing of flues and chimney systems in order to ensure safe operation and protect life from the harmful effects of products of combustion (CO - Carbon Monoxide). Includes completing appropriate Risk Assessments.
• Comply with industry standards and manufacturer’s instructions regarding provision, inspection and testing of ventilation.
• Carry out servicing and maintenance to any gas appliance with an operative's range of ACS certification, to ensure correct combustion by means of an Electronic Flue Gas Analyser and take any necessary action to adjust or make safe the appliance according to the readings noted.
• Follow approved servicing and fault-finding methods using the correct tools and equipment (gauges, multi-meter, smoke emitters etc) to achieve safe and efficient appliance operation.
• Thorough and up to date gas safety knowledge and qualifications
• Full responsibility for gas safety and Health & Safety issues, whilst lone working
• Decent level of physical fitness
• Clear and logical decision-making skills
• Confident approach to normal and stressful situations
• Ability to use technology effectively (PDA,FGA)
• Good communication and customer service skills
• Consideration of specialist customers (disabled/elderly/minors/pets)
• Previous experience working with social housing clients advantageous
Covering postcodes: RH1, RH2, RH3, RH4, RH5, RH6, RH7, RH8, RH9, RH10, RH11, RH12, RH13, RH14, RH15, RH16, RH17, RH18, RH19, TN1, TN2, TN3, TN4, TN5, TN6, TN7, TN8, TN9, TN10, TN11, TN12, TN13, TN20, TN21, TN22
Working hours: Varying shift patterns depending on time of year (Winter hours 08:00 to 18:00, Summer hours 08:00 to 15:30)
Please note; the company operates an Out of Hours Rota; your terms includes 4 weekends per annum when you are on duty.
Vehicle, van stock and uniform are provided
CCN1, CPA1, CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1
Minimum of 3 years’ qualified experience
Desirable qualification: G3
Desirable experience: Solar heating
Engineers should live in the area of the vacancy
Competitive rate of pay
|Location:||Crawley, West Sussex|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Paid:||Per Day|